Baby Loss Awareness campaign - how can I get involved?
There are many ways in which you can play a part in the Awareness campaign. Here are some suggestions:
- tell as many family members, friends and colleagues as you can about the event, and how they can support us by donating £1 for a babyloss ribbon pin
- wear your ribbon pin throughout the week as an acknowledgement of babies who have died during pregnancy, at birth, or in the first month of life
to arrange an act of remembrance
at your local place of worship, community centre, park, hospital chapel,
or any location special to you.
friends and/or family to join in the global Wave of Light, by lighting
a candle at 7pm on October 15th in memory of all the babies who blessed
our lives for such a short time.
- light a candle at an act
of remembrance, or watch hundreds of symbolic balloons as they are launched
into the sky at one of the balloon
- plant a rose bush or a fruit
tree in memory of your baby. You could say a few words, or perhaps read
a poem that holds special meaning for you
- distribute ribbon
pins to your friends, relatives and colleagues in return for a £1
- send the babyloss awareness
day press release
to your local newspapers and radio stations. The more publicity we
can achieve, the more money we will be able to donate to the nominated organisations.
Please email us if you
can help in this way.
- hold a fundraising event - we can give you help and advice
- ask your local support groups, early pregnancy assessment clinic and maternity unit to display a box of ribbon pins
- ask your employer to nominate Babyloss as their chosen charitable organisation for the year, hold a sponsored event, or by making a corporate donation to show their support.
Can you think of any other ways to raise awareness of this event in the UK? Please contact us. We'd love to hear from you!